The chances are you know how important online marketing is for your storage company. However, if you’ve been focusing on improving your organic results but neglecting your local SEO then you’ve been missing one of the most vital areas of online marketing for your storage locations.
What is local SEO?
It’s the marketing activities carried out to improve your performance in the local listings on Google search, and appear when someone searches for you on Google maps.
For location based businesses such as storage providers, the maps results are increasingly prominent, especially on mobile searches. As a result, getting your business displayed higher on location based searches is essential. If you want information on storage marketing more generally, check out our complete self storage marketing guide.
local listings on Google search results
For a lot of storage companies, local SEO is a new concept to get to grips with. To demonstrate how important it is, and encourage you to integrate it into your marketing strategy we’ve put together this infographic to highlight some key facts that show exactly why local SEO is so essential for storage companies.
Image not displaying correctly?
Here are the above stats in text form:
- 73% of enquiries to storage companies come from the internet.
- 82% of smartphone shoppers conduct ‘near me’ searches
- 60% of customers choose a storage company within 15 minutes of their house
- 30% of mobile searches are related to location
- 88% of people who conduct a local search on their smartphone visit a related store within a week
- 56% of local retailers haven’t claimed their Google My Business listing
- “Where to buy” + “near me” mobile queries have grown by over 200% from 2017 – 2019
- Yelp appears in the top five U.S. search results for 92% of Google web queries that include a city and business category (e.g. storage in Brooklyn)
- 40% of customers discovered their current storage site from an internet search
- Online marketing makes up 9% of storage operating costs, all other marketing combined makes up 2%